ADVANCED TEACHERS' TRAINING COURSE (ATTC)
*Please refer to the "dates and registrations" tab for course listings.
Experience the joy of advanced yoga. Designed for certified Sivananda Yoga Teachers, this powerful and transformative four-week course takes you to a more profound level of spiritual knowledge. It provides an ideal training for expanding and deepening your own spiritual practice and advancing on the spiritual path. If you are an active teacher, it is a natural step to take to broaden your teaching practice.
Through intensive yoga practice and the study of raja yoga and vedanta you experience a heightened sense of well-being and confidence. Individual guidance and yogic self-discipline are important aspects of the Course.
The immersion in sadhana and yogic studies with others of like-mind removes doubts and inspiration is strengthened, personal practice is established on a firmer and broader base and teaching skills improve.
The Course is one of the most comprehensive, complete and authentic Yoga Teacher Training programmes available today. The discipline helps reset daily habits that do not serve the yogic lifestyle and reconnecting to the pure lineage of our Gurus fills you with renewed inspiration. Our locations provide a place you will feel safe to challenge yourself and explore your limits with the support of knowledgeable teachers and staff. On graduation you will receive Yoga Acharya, or Master of Yoga, certification.
The Course meets the requirements for the Yoga Alliance RYT-500 certification.
The Advanced Teachers’ Training Course is open only to successful graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course. A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. To ensure the success of the programme, participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, satsangs, lectures and asana classes.
Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco drugs and nudity are prohibited during the course as they are counterproductive to the yoga practice. A dress-code is required to be followed. It is not possible to cater to personal dietary preferences beyond the yogic-vegetarian meals. Participants who do not comply with the Ashram rules may be dismissed from the course.
The intensive daily schedule includes:
- • one pranayama class • two satsangs • two asana classes • three lectures • one hour of karma yoga
- One day a week is lecture-free.
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise and detailed corrections
- Prolonged holding of the asanas
- Deeper understanding of hatha yoga
- Practice of kapalabhati
- Daily practice of anuloma viloma
- Advanced pranayamas
- Use of bandhas
- The Six Philosophical Schools of India
- Analogies of the Supreme Reality
- Study of vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The mechanics and control of the mind
- Detailed study of the eight limbs of raja yoga
- The nine types of bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- The Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Study of the nervous and endocrine systems and their relation to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
Kirtan (Mantra Chanting)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit chants
|5am||Advanced pranayama class|
|8am||Anatomy and physiology class|
|12pm||Sanskrit class/Raja yoga sutras|
|4pm||Advanced asana class|
Participation in the entire daily schedule is mandatory.
- ATTC manual is provided as a part of the course material and is included in the course fee. Students are required to bring their TTC uniform to be used during the course.
- Simple vegetarian meals are provided at 10am and 6pm.
- Refund policy: Please refer to each location
- Evaluation of students is on:
- Theory during the course
- Final written exam
- Unsuccessful students will have to repeat the entire course with cost to qualify for the certificate
- Things to bring – comfortable clothes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, water bottle, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga asana mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels, water bottle and torch. You can also purchase these items at the ashram boutique.
- Apart from the ATTC manual, there are some recommended texts for the course. These are not included in the course fee and can be bought from the boutique:
- Sivananda Training Manual
- The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Meditation & Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Sivananda Chant Book by ISYVC