The course will include:
5 Dynamic asana classes (morning)
· Balancing motor and sensory impulses
· Variations for legs and arms in the headstand
· The flow of gunas in asanas and pranayama
· Holding the standing and the balancing poses
· Twisting and other asymetrical variations
• Swami Sivananda : his vision for the world
• The inspiring message of Vedanta : we are all one
• Taking a fresh look at the Yamas and niyamas
• Advice on sadhana : question and answer session
• Purpose of Sadhana : melting the ego, softening the heart
5 Refreshing “How to Teach” Workshops (afternoon)
· The next step in the forward bends
· Proper Breathing workshop
· Painless backward bends
· Improve your sitting pose workshop
· Who are Beginners and what are their needs?
· Yoga as life style
· Applying the 8 steps in a yoga class
Yoga as service of humanity
Inspiration from the Bhagavad Gita : arise, awake !
with Honoured guest Sri Venugopal Goswami, Vrindavan, North India
Bhagavad Acharya Sri Venugopal Goswami is a Bhakti yoga Acharya in a 500 years old lineage in Vrindavan, Krishna’s birthplace. He received his musical training from the famous singer Sri Pandit Jasraj. With live music – vocal, harmonium, flute and tabla.
Programme: The Bhagavad Gita is considered the cream of Vedas, the oldest spiritual text of India. They give a positive message of hope, encouragement and clear guidance how to lead a life of harmony and peace in the midst of a tormented world.
- what is our real duty
- Finding one’s place in life
- living at peace in a restless world
- Re-enchanting our life
Wednesday June 19 at 8pm: Peace concert
During the course, the Ashram priest will conduct a powerful Ganapati Homa and a Lalita Sahasranama Puja (recitation of the 1000 names of the Divine Mother, generating a strong spiritual energy.