October 2 – 7, 2015
Introduction to Healthy Cooking with Ayurveda
With Swami Bhagavatananda
Arrival: Friday, October 2 around 3pm, Departure: Wednesday, October 7 around 2pm
Ayurveda is an ancient medical science dating back more than 5000 years. According to Ayurveda our health and wellness are mainly influenced by the foods we eat and the lifestyle we live. Ayurveda is grounded in a holistic approach to physical and mental health. Ayurvedic nutrition offers a delicious and healthy alternative to conventional food choices as it considers food to be both nourishment as well as medicine.
- 5 lectures on ayurvedic nutrition and health principles
- How to eat according to your type of constitution: Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- 4 hands-on cooking demonstrations: delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and healthy snacks as well as ayurvedic desserts
- Rasa: discovering the six essential flavours of nature
- Ayurvedic herbs and spices: their use and properties
- The recipes in the cooking workshops are lacto-vegetarian (Recipe booklet included). Vegan and gluten- free alternatives of the recipes are available for people with special dietary needs.
12:30 – 3:00 pm: Cooking demonstration
4:30 – 5:30 pm: Lecture on nutrition
The rest of the day follows the yoga vacation daily schedule.
Swami Bhagavatananda is codirector of the Ashram de Yoga Sivananda. Since many years she teaches ayurvedic lifestyle and vegetarian nutrition in the Sivananda Yoga Centers in Europe
Donation for 5 nights all included: shared room: 320 €, double room: 390 €, single room: 490 €, single room with bathroom: 560 €
More certificate courses on the topics of Ayurveda/ Vegetarianism:
Ayurveda– the essential guide to healthy living
The yogic way of cooking!