Weekend of November 4th and 5th
This weekend workshop is for families with children between the ages of 9-12 struggling with mental health difficulties, particularly those with anxiety symptoms.
Children and parents will learn some basic tools of yoga they can use at home to help better regulate emotional responses to stress.
Saturday November 4th: 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Yoga class for children/Yoga class for parents, followed by snack
Sunday November 5th: 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Relaxation and Family circle 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Kids Yoga Toolkit/Parent Yoga Toolkit 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Pay what you can
- Spaces are limited. Please register in advance by sending us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Workshop Teachers:
- Saraswati has been serving as director of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre in Toronto and the Sivananada Kids’ and Teen Yoga Camps in Canada and Thailand for many years. She is also a certified Child and Youth Counsellor and mother of two and is enthusiastic about teaching children and families how to use yoga practice in their daily lives.
- Dr. Upasana Krishnadev is a practicing child and adolescent psychiatrist and Sivananda yoga teacher who is interested in helping people improve their mental health through the path of yoga.