This weekend workshop is for families with children struggling with mental health difficulties, particularly those with anxiety symptoms.
Children and parents will learn some basic tools of yoga they can use at home to help better regulate emotional responses to stress.
Weekend of April 7 and 8, 2018
Weekend of November 24 and 25, 2018
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm – Yoga class for children/Yoga class for parents, followed by snack
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am – Relaxation and Family Circle
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm – Break/Snack
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Kids Yoga Toolkit and Parent Yoga Toolkit
- Pay what you can
- Spaces are limited. Please register in advance by sending us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Workshop Teachers:
- Saraswati has been serving as director of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre in Toronto and the Sivananada Kids’ and Teen Yoga Camps in Canada and Thailand for many years. She is also a certified Child and Youth Counsellor and mother of two and is enthusiastic about teaching children and families how to use yoga practice in their daily lives.
- Dr. Upasana Krishnadev is a practicing child and adolescent psychiatrist and Sivananda yoga teacher who is interested in helping people improve their mental health through the path of yoga.