October 3 – 8, 2016
Ayurveda – the essential guide to healthy living
With Swami Bhagavatananda
Arrival Monday, October 3 around 3pm, Departure Saturday, October 8 around 2pm
Ayurveda is the ancient medical system of India. It is a holistic approach to physical and mental health, proclaiming that our wellbeing is mainly determined by our lifestyle and ability to live in tune with nature. This course provides an introduction to the ayurvedic principles of health care and a balanced life style in theory and practice.
Every day at noon there will be a two hour lecture and at 3 pm a one hour hands-on practical workshop. The rest of the day follows the yoga vacation daily schedule. The participation in the 4 pm Asana class is optional.
• Introduction into the ayurvedic types of constitution: Vata, Pitta, Kapha
• the seven Dhatus (types of body tissue) and their importance for our health
• Dinacharya: daily and seasonal health regimen
• Prana, Tejas, Ojas: how to balance the subtle energy systems of body and mind
• How to get a good night’s sleep: ayurvedic and yogic remedies for insomnia
• use your kitchen spices to make delicious hot and cold drinks
• natural recipes for ayurvedic skin care
• simple home remedies
• cooking demonstration: prepare a full, balanced meal in 30 minutes
With certificate of participation
With the exception of one cooking demonstration this course will not deal with the subject of ayurvedic nutrition.
For wholesome alternatives to conventional food choices please see our certificate course ” “Introduction to Healthy Cooking” with Ayurveda” October 8 – 13
Donation for 5 nights all included
shared room 330 €, double room 402 €, single room 412 €, single room with bathroom 577 €
10 % discount if you take both Certificate courses “Ayurveda - Essential guide to healthy living” Oct 3-8 and “Introduction to Healthy Cooking with Ayurveda Oct 8 – 13 together.“