July 21 – 25, 2015
Create Your Healing Home: Modern Applications of Vedic Teachings
With Olga Mandodari Sokolova, Ph.D
Arrival: Tuesday, July 21 around 3pm, Departure: Saturday; July 25 around 2pm
Peace at home is crucial – and attainable. We can create more peaceful environments at home by gaining a deeper understanding of the qualities of space itself. Ancient Indian teachings describe how to reach maximum tranquility in the home through proper design and construction. This subject is called Vaastu Shastra or Vaastuvidya.
This interactive four-day workshop will incorporate hands-on practice, multimedia, and lecture to teach you how to design a house with healing properties or make an existing home more harmonious.
Over the course of four days, you will explore
- Cosmology of space and implications for you and your home. Topics will include, time, space, rhythm, and form.
- The impact of energy fields and energy grids on a home.
- How to incorporate a spatial grid into the design of your house
- The basics of creating floor plans for a healing house.
- Design samples and strategies for enhancing your existing house.
Olga Mandodari Sokolova, Ph.D., a Certified Vaastu Shastra consultant, studied at the International Institute of Mayonic Science & Technology in Chennai, India, under Dr. V. Sthapati Ganapati. Dr. Ganapati was an internationally renowned architect from South India who applied Vaastu principles to his architectural designs. Mrs. Sokolova earned her M.S. in Civil Engineering from the Architectural University of St. Petersburg, Russia.
Donation for the 4 nights all included:
tent space: 354 €, shared room: 407 €, furnished bungalow tent 2 beds: 407 €, double room: 447 €, furnished bungalow tent 1 bed: 447 €, single room: 527 €