April 7 – 12, 2015
How Yoga works – the scientific facts
With Dr. Cordula Interthal (Chandrika)
As yoga becomes more popular, scientists are starting to prove what yogis have known for millennia: Yoga is a complete system for physical and mental health. In this 5- day certificate course we look at how Yoga works by combining scientific findings with the description of yogic effects in the classical yogic scriptures. You will get a detailed overview on the many diseases, conditions and physiological functions on which yoga has a positive effect and learn how the scientific process works. The topics of the course are applied in the daily asana and pranayama workshops.
- Understanding common diseases and health conditions
- The effects of Yoga on Health and Disease (heart disease, diabetes, stress, chronic pain, back pain, mental health, cancer, brain remodeling, longevity, and much more)
- Using this knowledge for your personal yoga practice and as a Yoga teacher
- Merging yogic understanding with western scientific methods
- Understanding scientific studies: physiological effects of Yoga (asanas, pranayama, meditation, relaxation and yogic diet)
Course teacher: Chandrika is a medical doctor and a Sivananda Yoga Teacher. She teaches anatomy and physiology in the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses in Europe and has a keen interest in scientific research on Yoga.
Donation for 5 nights all included:
shared room: 320 €, double room: 390 €, single room: 490 €, single room with bathroom: 560€