The course language is English.
The tuition fee includes examination fee, administrative costs, course fees, room and board, two yoga pants and two t-shirts and the course manual. The Kriya kit is not included. Airport transfers are not included.
Terms of Payment:
with your registration a down payment of £ 300
The remaining balance is to be settled 4 weeks prior to the course.
1) Certified cheque.
Please post it to our address at Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, 45-51 Felsham Road, London, SW15 1AZ, UK.
Please make the cheque payable to Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre.
2) Bank transfer
Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Account no. 10182406, bank code 160038
IBAN: GB38 RBOS 160038 1018 2406
BIC (Swift): RBOSGB2L 2
) Credit Card Visa or Mastercard plus 2% charge.
Please call the Centre with your credit card iinformation. Tel. +44 (0)20 8780 0160
Terms of Cancellation
1. Cancellation before the start of the course: if the space can be reallocated: a refund for the amount paid less an administration fee of £50 will be issued. If the space cannot be reallocated: A credit note for the full amount of the course will be issued, minus a £50 administration fee.
2. Leaving the course: A credit note for the full amount of the course – minus the days present in the course – will be issued minus a £50 administration fee.
3. In case of early departure: the course manual and uniforms (2 trousers/2 T-Shirts) must be returned before leaving the teaching location for the credit note to be authorized.
4. The credit note will only be issued two to four weeks after the course completion date and will not be issued at the course location.
5. Credit notes are non-transferable and can only be used by the individual whose name appears on the credit note. Credit notes are valid for two years and can be used in any Sivananda Yoga Centre or Ashram in Europe, except Italy.
Please note: Credit notes cannot be applied to boutique purchases. In Reith (Austria) and in Poland, the credit note cannot be applied to room and board fees; it can be applied to tuition fees only. It is recommended to sign a travel health insurance policy at your travel agent.
Under 18 years
Parental permission is required for all under 18 years of age.
General Rules for the Yoga Teachers’ Training Course
In order to keep a clean and pure atmosphere in the ashram it is essential that you follow the rules as well as the daily routine.
1. Attendance at all classes, lectures, morning and evening meditation sessions is mandatory. If a class or meditation cannot be attended, a written explanation has to be given to the principal of the course. Frequent absence may lead to expulsion from the course.
2. Alcohol, tobacco, meat, fish, eggs and coffee are prohibited on the ashram premises. During the course we cannot cater to personal dietary preferences except the yogic-vegetarian meals. Absolutely no drugs. No taking, distributing or dealing in or around the ashram. If you learn of others keeping, taking or distributing drugs you are obliged to report this to the principal of the course immediately.
3. An ashram is not a club or vacation resort. Your conduct – private or public – should enhance the spiritual atmosphere of the ashram. Do not waste your prana (vital energy) in fruitless activities.
4. Please do not leave the Ashram between 6 pm and 8 am without the permission of the principal of the course.
5. Karma Yoga, selfless service, is part of the course. We kindly ask each participant to join in Karma Yoga for about one hour daily.
6. Please respect silence in the ashram after 10.15 pm.
7. Rules for conduct in the temple and meditation halls: The atmosphere should be kept especially pure in these localities. At least hands, feet and face must be clean. No unnecessary talk. These locations are for meditation and prayers.
8. Music is not allowed in the ashram. No mobile phones allowed in yoga classes, Satsangs or lectures
9. In order to avoid fire hazards, incense and candles are only allowed in the temple and meditation hall. Please do not use any electrical devices in your room.
10. IMPORTANT: If you have any medical problem, please let us know when you enrol for the course. It is strongly advised that all participants have a clean bill of health with no previous known medical conditions which might jeopardize his or her full participation in the course. All participants are required to see after his or her own health during the course, including any required medication, doctor’s visits, hospital stays, etc. The organizers of the course can in no way provide medical assistance at any time during the course.
11. Please adapt your dress to the Ashram atmosphere. Please wear loose clothing with covered shoulders and legs. No tops, no shorts, no short skirts. Books and pictures should be only of spiritual nature.
12. The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres suggest that you refrain from any type of sexually oriented behaviour.
13. Photography, audio and video recording: Please do not take photographs using flash. Any publication of pictures which were taken at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres or during activities of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres requires previous written authorisation of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre as well as written authorisation of individuals shown on the picture(s). Audio and video recording of the activities of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres are not permitted.
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres of Europe are dedicated to creating a more conscious and compassionate world. We accomplish that mission by creating a safe and sacred environment. We champion spirituality, ethical behaviour, respect, trust, loyalty, and commitment. As such, we have a responsibility to maintain a safe and sacred space for deeper inner work, in accordance with the teachings of Swami Sivananda and our teacher and Guru Swami Vishnudevananda. Accordingly, the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres of Europe prohibit all staff from engaging in sexually suggestive remarks and gesturing, and unnecessary and offensive touching. You are therefore expected to refrain from directing any such behaviour towards staff, students, or guests. If in spite of the efforts of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres of Europe in this respect, you believe you have been subjected to sexual harassment from outside presenters, staff, guests, or from a swami, you should immediately report the incident to one of the Acharyas in order for corrective action to be undertaken without delay. Complaints made to an Acharya will be treated confidentially and the alleged violator or any third party will not be advised of the complainant’s identity without the latter’s consent.
I hereby acknowledge the following with my signature: I hereby agree that I have read the rules of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre and that I agree to abide by these rules and that I will be present at all activities. I agree to take full responsibility for myself and for my personal property and will not hold the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre liable for any loss or damage thereof, unless the aforementioned is due to negligence on the part of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre. The decision to participate in the activities is my own and I accept full responsibility for my own self.
Yes, I agree with the conditions of participation.
Please print this page for your records before sending it.
© INTERNATIONAL SIVANANDA YOGA VEDANTA CENTRE
45 - 51 Felsham Road, Putney, London, SW15 1AZ, UK
Tel. +44 (0) 20 8780 0160
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8780 0128