Meditation is a powerful practice for achieving greater peace of
mind. Regular practice will enhance
mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. Our five-week introductory
course gives a step-by-step guide to the practice and is intended to
help you establish a meditation practice as part of your daily
routine. Each class will include practical sessions of guided meditation, opportunities for feedback and questions, and background theory. Topics covered include the following:
- Why meditate?
- Lifestyle for meditation practice
- Practical techniques for meditation
- Techniques to develop concentration
- Mechanics of the mind: How does the mind function? How can we start to bring the mind under control?
- Positive thinking and meditation
Courses meet for 90 minutes weekly for five weeks.
Cost: Members $60, nonmembers $75
Occasional courses meet 2x per week for 2 weeks.
Cost: Members $50, nonmembers $60
New: Yoga and Meditation combination course, meets twice weekly for four weeks.