February 24th-March 8th
Thai Yoga Massage uses different techniques such as acupressure and passive yoga postures to release tensions and energy blockages, stimulating a free flow of energy within the body.
Course Director: Albert Swiercz (Krishna) is the director of Anahata Center of Yoga Therapy and Massage based in Quebec Canada. He has been teaching Thai Yoga Massage - Applied Yoga Therapy internationally for several years and is a Quebec certified massage therapist. Albert is a senior student of Swami Vishnudevananda and is a Sivananda trained yoga teacher and yoga teachers’ training instructor with over 30 years of teaching experience.www.anahatayogatherapy.com
Thai Yoga Massage – Applied Yoga Therapy Level 1 & 2 Certificate Course
Level 1 February 24th-March 1st / Level 2 March 3rd-8th
Level 1 August 4th-9th / Level 2 August 11th-16th.
A Certificate of Completion for 32.5 CE hours will be issued to the students after the conclusion of each of the levels. Both levels are recognized by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) for a total of 65 CE hours. Both levels are also recognized by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) for a total of 32.5 CEU’s.Participants in this course will learn the skills to give a 90 minute customised Thai Yoga Massage – Applied Yoga Therapy session which include:
Thai Yoga Massage 1:
Students in this course will acquire the skills to give a 90 minute Thai Yoga Massage. Content includes:
- Touch application techniques that emphasize the use of the practitioners’ body movement and weight to administer pressure.
- Transitional postures that bring awareness to their body’s proper positioning, and assist them to move smoothly from one postural application to the next.
- An introduction to the art of mindfulness in motion that brings a constant awareness of both bodies throughout the session.
- The application of diaphragmatic breathing and how it relates to the flow of the massage.
- Learning approximately 40 specific techniques and postures for a client’s feet, legs, back, arms and hands, shoulders and neck.
Thai Yoga Massage 2:
This course builds onto Thai Yoga Massage 1 and students will acquire the additional skills to give a 90 minute customized Thai Yoga Massage. Content includes:
- A review of the touch application techniques and transitional postures learned in level 1.
- Expanding on the art of mindfulness by learning to listen with our hands to the subtle messages from the recipients’ body as it is being touched and moved.
- Learning approximately 30 additional techniques and postures for a client’s feet, legs, back, arms and hands, shoulders and neck.
- Learning how to conduct the initial client intake to ensure that there is a complete understanding of any problems or limitations that may be presented
- Learning how to determine different body types and their limitations so as to customize a session properly, ensuring that only the most appropriate techniques are used.
- Learning the mechanics of the body and using appropriate stretches to balance the body and to facilitate recuperation from certain injuries.
- Discussing and demonstrating the adaptation of many of these floor techniques to massage on a table.
Arrival and departure dates for February 24th-March 8th:
Level 1 arrival is the evening of february 23rd, as the course will start at 11:00am on 24th morning.
Level 1 departure is the evening march 1st.
Level 2 arrival is the evening of march 2nd, as the course starts 11:00am on 3rd morning.
Level 2 departure is the evening of march 8th.
Arrival and departure dates for August 4th-16th:
Level 1 arrival is the evening of august 3rd, as the course will start at 11:00am on 4th morning.
Level 1 departure is the evening august 9th.
Level 2 arrival is the evening of august 10th, as the course starts 11:00am on 11th morning.
Level 2 departure is the evening of august 16th.
Course Fee: (includes Course Manual) (accommodation not included)
- Level 1 or Level 2 alone: CDN $520.00
- Level 1 and Level 2 combined: CDN $940
- Level 1: 6 nights
- Level 2: 6 nights
- Level 1 & 2 : 12 nights (Staying at the Ashram/Accommodation).
Those students who have learned Level 1 Thai Massage from other schools or teachers are welcome to register for Level 2.
How to apply: To register for the course please click on the links below.
.For enquiries about the course contact email@example.com