Swami Sadasivananda is a direct disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda. He has been the director of the New York City Centre for over ten years now. Swamiji has teaches many Teachers Training Courses (TTC) and Advanced Teachers Training Courses (ATTC) around the world. He is deeply knowledgeable in the Scriptures, Sanskrit, Vedanta and Raja yoga, something which he shares in abundance with all his students.
Meditation is a path like no other. Its benefits are incalculable. It is the flight of the spirit to the Spirit. As we learn to look deeply within and are able to detach from our thoughts and emotions, inhibitions, and expectations and rest in that inner silence we start to sense the true purpose of life and experience the true peace and happiness.
The subject covered will be:
· The eight steps of Raja yoga with practical guidance
· The ethics as the foundation of spiritual life and strength
· The techniques of sense-withdrawal, relaxation, concentration and meditation
· Abhyasa (regular practice) and Vairagya (non-attachment)
· Meditation and self-acceptance
· Keeping a spiritual diary as the means of monitoring one’s progress
· And more!
Monday, 22nd April course initiation at 2pm, introduction to meditation during evening Satsang.
Course Daily Schedule (Tuesday-Saturday):
- 5:30 am: Wake up
- 6:00 am: Satsang (or Silent Walk)
- 8:00 am: Yoga class
- 10:00 am: Brunch
- 10:45 am: Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- 12:00-1.30 pm: 1st meditation class
- 2:30-3.30 pm: 2nd meditation class
- 4:00 pm: Yoga class
- 6:00 pm: Dinner
- 7:30 pm/8:00 pm in summer: Satsang
- 10:00 pm: Lights off
Sunday April 28th there will be one class 12-1.30pm followed by the closing of the course.
Talks on meditation will be continued during morning and evening Satsang throughout the week.
Cost: Staying/Resident guests – Free of charge
Students coming only to attend the course – $40 (daily) or $240 (7 days)
Please fill in the form below if you wish to participate in the course, independently if resident guest or not. (This form is only a sign up for the course, not a reservation for accommodation).