Yoga Camp 2013-14
Mission: To provide a balanced, structured educational and experiential program for short-term Karma Yogis (staff) that will help develop a sense of community, as well as an understanding of the purpose and practice of karma yoga. Teachers will support, inform and guide participants in their personal yoga practice.
- Students should be 16 years of age and older (with parental permission for minors). Everyone 16+, regardless of previous yoga experience, age or fitness level is invited to apply.
- All Work Study must have a valid Health Card (Canadian residents) or Travel Insurance (foreigners).
- Work Study participants will be asked to pay a suggested donation of $150 weekly.
- Accommodations available: ONLY Tent (June, July and August) and Dormitory (rest of the year)
Program Structure: During the Work Study Program the participants will be expected to follow the daily schedule and to give 4-5 hours of karma yoga per day. Maximum duration of the work study program is 2 months.
ASHRAM DAILY SCHEDULE
- 5:30 am : Wake Up
- 6:00- 7:30 am : Satsang (Meditation, Chanting, Lecture)
- 8:00-10:00 am : Yoga Asana Class
- 10:00-11:00 am : Breakfast and Dishes
- 4:00- 6:00 pm : Class
- 6:00- 7:00 pm : Dinner
- 8:00- 9:30 pm : Satsang (Meditation, Chanting, Lecture)
- 10:30 pm : Lights Out
To apply for Work Study Program please fill in the application.
Students who do not comply to the schedule will be asked to leave independently of the dates previously agreed upon.
Please note that there will be an approval process for all applications. Once applications have been received you will be contacted within a few days.