Yogi School for kids ages 4 to 12
Every Saturday from 8 to 10:00 am.
Yogi school aims at instilling the values of patience, love, community, self-confidence, and self-discipline. Yogi school teaches children about their inner light, and how to share that light with the world. It teaches them to see positivity, and to alter their environment to be a positive space of growth. It carries on Swami Vishnu’s mission, that each individual will be an inspired leader of peace- both of his/her own mind, and also external world.
The program is based on the four paths of yoga as taught by Swami Sivananda:
- Karma Yoga
When we practice karma yoga we are learning about sharing and serving others. We learn to do our actions with love and attention.
- Raja Yoga
When we practice raja yoga we learn how to breathe and exercise our body. When our body is flexible and strong, we can concentrate and feel good about ourselves.
- Jnana Yoga
Jnana yoga makes us think about who we are. It helps us understand how we are all connected. It makes us understand that we have come to this earth so that we can learn to live in peace and harmony.
- Bhakti Yoga
Bhakti yoga allows us to open our hearts, and to express ourselves. We learn how to be devotional and caring to all forms of life.
- 8-8:30 am: the children convene to complete a small task that could be anything from shaping bread and feeding the goats, to painting and folding laundry. This is the yoga of self-less service.
- 8:30 am: the yoga asana class begins. Depending on the number of students, the class is divided into two groups based on age (4-8 year olds and 9-12 years olds).
- 9:15 am: there is a light snack, with sanskrit chanting and devotional singing. School finishes outside, with games, tobogganing, and trail/ashram ground exploration.
- For parents attending the adult class the prince is $7 per child.
- For those not attending the adult class, the price is $10 per child.
- For guests staying at the ashram, there is no extra cost.
For further information contact: