The Raw Chef Certification Course is a natural progression to the fasting course, as every fast should begin and end with raw foods. If you want to learn about raw foods, hone your skills as a raw home chef or embark on an exciting career as a professional raw chef, then this is the course for you.
Taught by Chefs Lillian Butler (Lakita) and Eddie Robinson (Murali) from Raw Soul Restaurant in New York City. We are pleased to welcome Murali and Lakita to the Sivananda staff. You may have tasted their delicious food during brunch here at the Camp or during one of the raw food classes. Their knowledge, experience, love and creativity make for a fun and memorable dining experience.
In this comprehensive training, you will acquire the knowledge, tools and experience necessary to attain and sustain good health. The course consists of daily lectures, hands-on food preparation both individually and in a group, and food preparation demonstrations. Students will dine together and experience firsthand the healthful benefits of eating delicious raw foods.
- The Difference Between Raw and Living Foods
- Methods of Preparation (Soaking, Sprouting, Blending, Fermenting, Marinating and Dehydrating)
- Kitchen Set-up
- Nutrition (proteins, carbohydrates, fats, water)
- Food Combining
- Knife Skills
- The Five Tastes
- Food Substitutions
- Texture Equivalents
- Recipe Development
- Weights and Measures
- Converting Cooked Recipes to Raw
- Food Sanitation and Storage
- Waste Management
- Mastering the Art of Dessert Preparation and Cake Decorating
- Students will make food on their own, they will be asked to prepare dishes for specific circumstances and different situations
- cater the graduation party and complete the food preparation and written final examinations.
The business of raw food will also be discussed in detail. Topics include:
- Cost Analyses and Pricing
- Menu Planning and Execution
- Starting a New Business.
A certificate of completion will be issued upon satisfactory completion of the training. Students should bring an apron and a chef’s knife to class.
Course is limited to 16 students.
Course fees: CDN $1.500 (not included accommodation)
Please complete the online lasix and heart failure view
Once your application is received, you will be contacted for a short interview.