The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres is a non-profit organization with locations around the world named after Swami Sivananda of the Himalayas, one of the most influential spiritual teachers of the 20th century. It was founded in 1957 by his disciple Swami Vishnudevananda, a renowned authority on Hatha Yoga and Raja Yoga. Its purpose is to propagate the ancient teachings of Yoga and Vedanta as a means of achieving physical, mental and spiritual well-being, thereby create a more peaceful world.
- Drop-in Open Classes
- Free Trial Class - a 'taster' yoga class for beginners
- Open House - a free introduction to yoga & philosophy
- Advanced Yoga Class
- Gentle Yoga Class
- Prenatal Yoga Class
- Kids's Yoga Class
- Beginners' Yoga Courses (Yoga 1)
- Intermediate Yoga Courses (Yoga 2 and Yoga 3)
- Advanced Yoga Courses
- Meditation and Yoga Philosophy Courses
- Satsang - group meditation, chanting and talk on the philosophy of yoga.
- Special Programmes with guest speakers
- Cooking Workshops
- Ayurveda Workshops
- Yoga Retreats
- Yoga Boutique
In addition, at our Ashram locations in different parts of the world we offer:
- Yoga Teachers' Training Courses
- Yoga Vacations
- Yoga Retreats
- Fasting programs
- Family Week
- Kids camp
- Teen camp
- Yoga Thai Massage Courses
- South Indian Temple Yatra - Pilgrimage
- Ganga Parikrama – North India Yatra - Pilgrimage
The activities of all the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres take place through the practice of karma yoga (voluntary service). Share your talents and skills, or learn new ones, by volunteering at the Center. Please call and talk to a staff member if you can offer some of your time to help.
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre is a non-profit organization. We try to keep prices to a minimum. Donations of all kind are greatly appreciated. Donations are tax-exempt and are used to continue the teachings of Yoga and Vedanta.